One scenario we see often is when customers don’t have the latest version of FTMC that we’re using on their boxes. This causes the box and the updater to not work correctly.
Today we’re going to go over how to uninstall the Kodi app and run the updater app so that you’ve got the latest and greatest streaming platform for your EZ Stream box.
For the EZ Stream Ti4: Click the Settings tab on the home screen, then click More settings. Click Other, then scroll down and click Apps. Click on the Kodi app, then click Uninstall. Go back to the home screen and click the EZ Stream Updater app. Then continue on Step 6 below.
Don’t have the EZ Stream Updater App? Click HERE.
For the EZ Stream Ti5 and Ti8, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Settings tab on the home screen.
2. Click on the Apps section.
3. Scroll over to the Kodi app and click on it. Then click the Uninstall button. If you see FTMC here with version 16.1, you have the correct version and do not have to Uninstall.
4. Click on OK, then click OK again when the prompt asks you if you want to uninstall the app.
5. Click on the E-Z Stream Updater app from either the my apps section or the home screen. If you click on the app in the my apps section, click Open to open the app.
6. You will now begin the process of installing the correct media center. Click Install Update when the prompt shows.
7. Next, click Allow so the update installs correctly.
8. Click Install Media Player.
9. Click Install to install the latest media center.
10. Let the media center (FTMC) install.
11. Next, you’re going to update the Updater app itself. Click Install Update.
12. Click Install.
13. Once the Updater is finished installing, click Open.
14. Click Update Now.
15. Choose the version, either Adult or Family Friendly, that you want to install.
16. Allow the Updater time to install your version. This could take a couple of minutes depending on your Internet speed. Once it’s finished you will be taken directly into the media center.
That’s it! You’re now ready to stream!! Let us know if you have any questions about this process.