So you’ve made one of the best decisions that you can make and purchased an Element Android TV Box. We want to say congratulations and thank you so much, we appreciate your business more than you know!
You go to use this amazing device and all of a sudden, you’re having issues with viewing the videos on the box! Not to worry, no need to pull out any hair (for those of us who still have some left). We have amazing customer support available by phone and they are happy to help. BUT, before you take the time and make that call there are a couple of things you should do to help determine the issue and the fix to get you streaming again in NO TIME!
We will go through several common occurrences and how to fix them.
- ▼ISSUE #1: A script error or “no stream available” message comes up when I click on a stream in Kodi.
- REASON: This is an occurrence that we come across every day when streaming. It’s the nature of the beast so to speak. The developers who make these add-ons write code that will bring MANY streaming sources to one place. Along with all of the great sources comes some that will not work.
SOLUTION: This is an easy fix. We recommend that you try multiple links for streaming. For instance, one of the best add-ons for Movies and TV shows is Exodus. If you try a link that does not work in Exodus, simply try the next one on the list. You WILL find a stream that works. It does take a couple of tries sometimes, but it sure beats paying for cable! Also, please try different add-ons and apps to find the same content. To see which add-ons to check out, read this article we wrote on the best add-ons for every type of content.
- ▼ISSUE #2: When I click on the stream I want to watch, the video does not load quickly and I experience buffering.
- REASON: There could be a couple of reasons behind this issue. It could be your Internet speed, the distance from your router, or the functionality of the router.
SOLUTION: The first solution has to do with your Internet speed. The easiest way to check your Internet speed is to run the Speed Test App from the home screen. This will be the app with the speedometer icon on the bottom of the home screen. We recommend at least 10 mbps download speed to stream in the best quality.
If you are getting 10 mbps download speed you should not be having any issues, but if you’re still experiencing these issues, try clearing the cache.
To clear the cache in Kodi or other apps (these instructions are for the Ti4 Android TV Box)
- Click the “settings” tab on the launch screen.
- Click the “other” tab at the top of the screen.
- Click “more settings”.
- Scroll down to the “apps” heading and click that.
- Choose the Kodi app (or other apps like showbox, HD cinema, etc.) and choose the “clear cache” option.
To Clear Cache on the Ti5 or Ti8 boxes please watch the below video:
If you are NOT getting these speeds there are a couple of things you can do. First, reset your router by unplugging the router for one minute. During this time also unplug the Element Android TV Box. After the minute is up plug in the router first and then plug in the Element box. This can help increase the speed that the box will get for a WiFi connection.
Second, make sure your box is close to your router. We recommend that the Element box be within 10 feet of your router to ensure you will get the best signal for a WiFi connection.
The last fix for this is to contact your Internet Service Provider to make sure you are getting the speed for which you are paying. They may be experiencing an issue and alerting them can help you get the speed you need. Also, contact your router manufacturer to make sure the router is working correctly to give all of your devices the correct speed.
- ▼ISSUE #3: The add-on that I use the most is not working.
- REASON: Unfortunately this does happen, and sometimes it happens pretty often. Developers stop working on add-ons for many different reasons. It may be down for good, or you may just have to wait a couple of hours for the next update to fix issues with the add-on.
SOLUTION: Try multiple add-ons! This sounds so simple but it is the best way to find the content you are wanting to stream. Please reference the article in Issue #1 to get a good idea of what add-ons to try.
We really CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. Element Android TV Boxes are amazing devices capable of saving you THOUSANDS of dollars per year. There are certain nuances and things to learn to make the best use of these boxes. One of the biggest pieces of advice is to try multiple links and multiple add-ons/apps. We will always do our best to assist with troubleshooting the box or point you in the right direction when certain add-ons are not working. However, we DO NOT host, develop, or run any of the add-ons on the box.
We hope that this helps with some of the issues and allows you to spend your time on more fulfilling and important things than talking on the phone with customer service. However, we do know that things change and we also know that there are many other things that users encounter. If you have any ideas on what we should add or any other helpful tips please email us at email@example.com. Thanks again for your business and thank you for choosing Element Technologies!