Now that we’ve had a couple of models of Element Android TV Boxes, some of our first boxes don’t have the latest version of Kodi. We talk to customers often who are running version 14.0 still. We wanted to make sure you know how to update to our latest version (16.1).
Follow the instructions below and you’ll be up and running on our latest version in no time.
1. From the home screen click on the settings tab.
2. Click on Other.
3. Click on More Settings.
4. Click on Apps.
5. Click on the Kodi app.
6. Click on Uninstall.
If you already have the E-Z Stream Updater please open the app and go to step 14.
7. If you don’t have the Updater app type this exact URL into your unit’s browser http://tinyurl.com/ezupdate32.
8. Once you’ve downloaded the updater, go to the home screen and click on “My Apps”.
9. Click on AppInstaller.
10. Click on Local Disk.
11. Click on the E-Z Stream Updater. Make sure you click on version 21.
12. Click on Install.
13. Click Open once it’s installed.
14. Click on Install Media Player (you will see that the message says Kodi is not installed).
15. Let the Update install.
16. Once Kodi has installed, click Install.
17. Choose the version of the Updater you want to install.
18. Click Fresh Install.
19. Let the Updater load, once it finishes it will bring you to the Kodi app.
That’s it! You’re done! Enjoy your streaming!